Let’s face it, the weather has been a challenge.
Record breaking snow, cold and now rain with the spring thaw. Your sump pump has been working hare to protect your home. And that’s great! Because just a little rain can flood basements and cost thousands!
If you’ve got a sump pump problem, or just want the peace of mind knowing that everything is in working order, reach out to Aquarius today!
Sump Pump Maintenance
We can test, repair or replace your sump pump fast!
If you’re looking to do some work yourself keep reading.
Performing Sump Pump Maintenance
- Remember to check your pumps discharge line. Pour water into the pump bucket and make sure the water is able to come out. Bonus: This will also help you test if the pump actually works!
- Check the sump pump pit. You’ll want to keep that area cleaned out, free of debris and sediment. When water does come in, you don’t want your pump to get clogged.
- Especially with all this snow, you’ll want to shovel around your foundation. Move as much snow away as you can. This method isn’t a guarantee but will help water not thaw and run into your basement.
Sump Pump FAQ
- How long do sump pumps last? Anywhere from 5-10 years and fail without notice.
- Is there a sump pump back up system? Yes! sort of. Many newer pumps will have a built in back-up pump as well as a built in battery back-up system. WiFi connectivity is also an option, so that you can monitor your pump functionality while you’re away.
- How do I know if I have a sump pump? Not everyone has a sump pump, so you may not. But the easiest way to tell is to take a look in your basement or crawl space. It will be sitting in a small pit, usually with round cover on it.
We love to help! Reach out today!